This is an easy dress to sew and the instructions are clear. I'm sure I will use the pattern again, though I will probably make the neckline a bit lower. I would prefer if it were lower than my clavicle.
I lengthened the pattern by a couple inches, since I'm 5'10". I usually add some length to any dress, skirt, or pants pattern.
And here's the best shot of the dress from New Year's Eve:
I used the Eleventh Hour pattern from Purl Soho. It was so fun seeing major progress every few minutes! My kids are obsessed with the giant needles/swords, too.
It was a great break from sock knitting with size 0 needles, which consists of such tiny stitches and such slow progress. Both are satisfying in their own way, and it might be good for me to keep alternating different types of projects.
Those giant needles look comical on their own, but next to the size 0 needles, they're super ridiculous.
On New Year's Day, I made this door stopper for our basement. We keep the litter box down there, so we want the cat to have access all the time. The door always seems to get closed by any visitors to our house (do you close doors in other people's houses? I think that's so weird!) or it gets bumped closed by the door from the garage.
So far this stopper is working well to keep the door cracked open. Willis can stick his paw in the crack and open the door for himself.
I used some cotton canvas, two thick pony tail elastics, and poly stuffing. I sewed 3.5 sides inside out, sewing right over the elastics, turned the fabric right side out, stuffed the stopper, and slip stitched the last part shut.
Then I made some cloth pattern weights out of scraps of fabric. I used this free pattern and tutorial from the Tea Rose Home blog.
It takes a scrap that's about 5" x 5" for each weight. I filled mine with rice.
I hope I'll be using them this week with the Talvikki sweater pattern. I printed it out but still need to tape it together before I can get started.